Friday, July 12, 2013

Kindergarten Portraits

I realize I am a year late with the "oversized frame" student portrait trend, but that didn't stop me from joining in on the bandwagon!
I started with this:


I found it in the clearance section of Michaels for $2.99.  I found some unfinished letters from Michaels and wooden decoration pieces.  The decoration pieces were already painted.
Here is my finished product:

I used my adorable (soon to be second grade) niece as a model:

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9852261/?claim=z6jqq4bste6">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found it too! They also had 8 x 10 sizes @2 for 99 cents. I bought all 13 packs ( total was less than $30.00 with my paint too). I plan on painting them primary red, green and blue. Then I think I will use them with Velcro for an awesome bulletin board for open house that will be reusable year after year. They also had laser cut small shapes that were 3@29 cents in a pack. I have already painted those, and glued a magnet on the back. I never have enough magnets for the white board. Now I will. Great ideas!

Amanda Pauley said...

This is adorable. I need to still make a frame for first day pictures. That is my project for next week. :)

I am your newest follower.

Amanda
Mrs. Pauley’s Kindergarten

Post a Comment